PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Forklift Operator is responsible for the accurate receiving, storing, and shipping of products to meet company standards of safety, productivity, and quality. This includes the operation of basic forklifts in the handling of products. Must be available to work scheduled hours to meet customer needs.
- Load and unload freight in an efficient and safe manner, recording all necessary paperwork.
- Keep all palletizer out-feed conveyors clear of product in a timely manner to prevent any stoppage in converting.
- Transport product to storage areas using proper equipment and efficiently stack and store product.
- Perform labeling, sorting, wrapping, packing and other miscellaneous tasks as needed.
- Operate warehouse equipment safely and efficiently while meeting productivity and quality expectations.
- Check product for accuracy in inventory, damage and infestation and complete paperwork.
- Assist in maintaining the security of the facility.
- Conduct operations and model behavior that promotes a safe environment. This would include looking in the direction of travel, wearing a seat belt, driving at an appropriate speed, and appropriate use of the horn as examples.
- Sweep and clean area, including trailers, as needed.
- Abide by all company rules and policies in regards to conduct and safety.
- Must have the ability to turn head to look in the direction of travel. Must have the ability to look up. Must have the ability to wear the seat belt during operation per OSHA regulation.
- Demonstrate a 3 point stance mount and dismount at all times when getting on and off the forklift.
- Utilize RF scanners and the Warehouse Management System.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Sitting, talking, hearing, and vision are required over 95% of the time, while walking is required about 15% of the time. Feeling is required 75% of the time, and reaching is required about 20% of the time. Bending, twisting, and climbing are required less than 10% of the time. Low levels of lifting (10 pounds or less) is required about 10% of the time, while medium levels of lifting and carrying (20 to 40 pounds) are required less than 5% of the time.Compensation: 12.00