CDL Drivers are responsible for transporting different types of goods from distribution centers to customer locations using a truck. They are also required to perform inspections before and after a trip and unload cased products from the trailer to customer facilities. These drivers also follow appropriate safety procedures to transport dangerous cargo and maintain logs of vehicle repair status and working hours.
CDL Drivers usually perform many of the following tasks:
• Delivering freight.
• Managing proof of delivery paperwork from customers.
• Assisting workers in loading and unloading trucks.
• Checking mechanical aspects of the vehicle.
• Driving different types of trucks.
• Having customer service skills.
• Being self-motivated.
• Having good communication skills.
• Being able to work independently.
• Having interpersonal skills.
• Being responsible.
• Having a good knowledge of roads.
• Being able to work under pressure.
• Having a good work ethic.
• Being able to read customer orders and follow safety regulations.